Getting into a groove of running even more alone than normal, but I’m also dealing with a weird state of my races being cancelled/postponed, so I’m not sure how to train. As of right now, my A race is still on (and it’s honestly on the bubble, depending on how these next two weeks go), so I don’t want to stop, but if it gets postponed, I’ll just have to modify my plan.
My other ultra, which was supposed to be a tune-up race, is being rescheduled for October, so it looks like I’ll have an A race for the fall, although I’m not looking forward to training through the summer. However, if my current A race gets cancelled outright, I’ll at least have something else to make my new A race.
It’s all up in the air and unknown right now, so in the meantime, wash your hands, stay out of groups, and let’s all band together (by staying apart) to get through this together.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 5 miles.
- Wednesday: 10 miles.
- Thursday: Rest. Just wasn’t feeling it mentally, so I swapped two days.
- Friday: 9 miles.
- Saturday: 11 miles.
- Sunday: 18 miles. Did 11 miles at the park, which people were generally really good about social distancing, but the pollen, the sun, humidity and some stomach issues made me stop early, so I did the last 7 at home that evening.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Bobo’s Bars.
- BWF/Core work: Did the BodyWeightFitness Recommended Routine once this week, will add another in next week to keep an average of 2/week. I also did an at-home yoga class, as well as the new Zombies, Stay Home at home workout. The ZR workout was cute and fun, and I’m glad they’re doing it, it’s great content for the current apocalypse.
- Stretching: More stretching, although I did miss it two days. More gentle yoga, which is also helping a bit!