Week 4 was my last big push before a down week, which I’m very happy for. This also coincided with a mini PRorER reunion, so I got my weekend runs in with some teammates!
- Monday – Cross training – 40 minutes of walking. I’m part of a research study at Pitt, so I made sure to park far enough away to get a good walk in on the way to my appointment and back. This was the last session of the study, but I was happy to be a part of science!
- Tuesday – 5 miles – Ran an extra mile before meeting up with the Frontrunners and then did the normal four. Was a great time catching up with my running partner!
- Wednesday – 40 minute tempo run.
- Thursday – 5 miles – Had to get this run in right after work, so I hit up the gym. Afterwards, spent the rest of the night cleaning and getting my house ready for guests!
- Friday – Rest. Friends from my team who were staying with me got in and we headed out to a delicious Japanese dinner.
- Saturday – 10 miles through Frick, Schenley and the East End, ending at Duck Hollow. The faster group headed out for what turned out to be either 10 or 16, myself and another member of the team (who is also on my GAP team) and I enjoyed a wonderful morning running through parks and neighborhoods of the East End!
- Sunday – 5 miles downtown. Same groups again, and then a quick trip to the Strip District before heading home.
- Cross training – I did the r/bodyweightfitness Recommended Routine on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Not my normal days, but due to the research study, as well as the ultra team reunion, this is when it fit in the best.