Week 5 was my first down week in the plan. Maybe it was having a four week climb, maybe it was dropping down, or maybe it was the fact that I’m not great in my day to day hydration, but everything felt tight this week. Oh well, we carry on.
- Monday – Cross training – 30 minutes of the AMT trainer at the gym.
- Tuesday – 4 miles
- Wednesday – 30 minute tempo run, then met up with friends for some early drinks.
- Thursday – 4 miles – I ran early, but met the Frontrunners as they went off for their run. A friend from the club is back to defend his dissertation, so it was good to see him, albeit briefly!
- Friday – Rest.
- Saturday – 7 miles – This was a busy day! I headed downtown to run and then afterwards attended a free yoga class being held at PPG Paints Arena (Iceburgh was there too!). After that, headed to the Strip, then home before heading back downtown again to see Aladdin!
- Sunday – 4 miles – Hit the gym on my way to dinner with my family.
- Cross training – I did the r/bodyweightfitness Recommended Routine on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Not my normal days, but due to scheduling, it worked for me.
This week I’m heading to Ohio for work, and summer has once again popped up, so that will make things interesting to say the least.
We also got an e-mail last week (Wednesday, maybe?) about two in-person meetings and two webinars for this week about the GAP relay race. I think most, or maybe all, of our team will be attending one of them (although not all together), so hopefully that will help to clear up some confusion.