Week 6 and back at it! This week included a really awesome and unique group run!
- Monday – Rest – I did the cross training at yoga after my run on the previous Saturday.
- Tuesday – 6 miles – Ran with the Frontrunners, doing two miles ahead of the normal four mile route.
- Wednesday – 7 x 400 repeats – Met members of my Ultra Team at a local track and we ran repeats while the Football team practiced. The problem was that it was about 90 degrees and almost zero cloud cover. Went slower than I wanted to, but the heat was killer. Still got all my repeats in.
- Thursday – 6 miles – Ran in the gym due to schedule.
- Friday – 18 miles – Six of us from our team for the GAP relay met at 8 p.m. to run some loops to practice running at night and on tired legs. We would run a loop, get back to our cars and take some time to get more water/food/etc.
Our first loop was about 8 miles, we headed out from East Liberty and went through Frick for a while. Our second loop took us to the Bloomfield bridge and back, along with a stop at a GetGo. After that loop, which brought us to about 13 miles, three of the six called it a night. I needed a total of 17 miles for the weekend, so I did the final loop with the two members I did speed work with on Wednesday, taking us around the Highland Park reservoir and bike path.
We got back to our cars (which we had moved) a little before 2 a.m. It was a ton of fun, and I’m really glad we did it. Which is good, considering we’re doing it again in two weeks!
- Saturday – Rest
- Sunday – Rest
- Cross training – I did the r/bodyweightfitness Recommended Routine on Monday and Wednesday. I was sore after the long run on Friday, so Saturday I just did the planking section of the workout,
This week is also incredibly hot, so it will be a lot of running indoors. Still anxiously awaiting fall.
The long, overnight run was a blast, but left me drained for sure. Even though I went to bed tired and late, my body still decided I should get up at my normal time. I’m just about recovered now, but that part has not been fun.