Week 7 and it feels like we’re getting a lot closer to the race, because we are!
- Monday – Cross training – Did my fall landscaping, removing all (or at least most) of my old flowers and replacing them with some mums!
- Tuesday – 6 miles – Stupid hot week, so back to the gym.
- Wednesday – 35 minute tempo run.
- Thursday – 6 miles.
- Friday – Rest day.
- Saturday – 6 miles and two new pairs of shoes! Through a combinations of sales, coupons and gift cards, I was able to score two new pairs of shoes. I ran these six miles in the Brooks Revel 2’s. Felt good on my feet, although boring as hell (all gray/black). It was a woven upper, which is new, but overall I liked them.
Also got a pair of Brook’s Ghost’s (I forget the number), will be running in them this week and will report back. These are black and bright freaking orange, so more fun! Although both will be getting some rainbow laces for sure.
- Sunday – 12 miles in the rain. Really, really rainy. But it was fun to see the few other runners out there putting in their miles the same time I was. The weather was cool and I wore shorts and a long sleeve shirt, and it felt amazing. I did four different loops around Schenley (4 mile Frontrunner night course, 1 mile CMU loop, 2 miles Cathedral of Learning loop, 5 mile Frontrunner day/night hybrid course).
- Cross training – I did the r/bodyweightfitness Recommended Routine on Saturday. I was sore after the long night run last week, so Monday and Wednesday I just did the planking section of the workout,
Overall it was a good week, although I wish the cooler temperatures would stick around, it felt like it was a tease the little bit we got over the weekend. This upcoming Friday we’re back out for our second night run with the team, I’ll be playing it a little bit more by ear that night since I have a game day planned for the next afternoon.