This was one of those weeks that wore me down. I had to remind myself that I’m over halfway through this plan, I’m supposed to be a bit worn down. But I also look at a 50K I have this weekend don’t feel in any way prepared.
I do think I’m at least tolerating the heat a little better. I’m not used to it or acclimated, but at least I’ve made some progress.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 5 miles. Tiny loops.
- Wednesday: 10 miles. Back to the trail.
- Thursday: 9 miles, on the trail.
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: 15 miles. Incredibly humid.
- Sunday: 14 miles. Also incredibly humid. Weather said it was going to rain, but ended up being sunny and hot, so a big disappointment. I did stop at Speedway on the way home for an $0.89 Coke Slushie, which was perfect and may become somewhat of a tradition as long as the temperatures stay high.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Bobo’s Bar.
- BWF/Core work: None specifically, will get back to it next week.
- Yoga: I didn’t have a chance to do a yoga class this week, hoping to get back to it!
- Stretching: Missed a couple days, but got back to it at the end of the week.