This press release details the new DVD, "New Generation of Nuclear Power." In addition to writing this release, I was also responsible for the production and distribution of these DVDs.
“NEW GENERATION OF NUCLEAR POWER” DETAILS SAFETY, OPERATIONAL AND ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS OF THE WESTINGHOUSE AP1000
Pittsburgh, May 31 – A new DVD which describes the operation of the Westinghouse AP1000 is now available from the company.
The AP100 is the only Generation III+ nuclear power plant that has received Final Design Approval from the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission. It is an advanced 1200 MWe nuclear power plant that uses the forces of nature and simplicity of design to enhance plant safety and operations, and reduce construction costs. Major features of the AP1000 plant include:
- Ease of Construction; significantly reduced components and bulk materials
- Over 250 structural and system modules, allowing shop fabrication and parallel site/shop construction
- Three-year construction schedule from first concrete pour to core load
- High Plant Performance; 18-month fuel cycle for both uranium and mixed-oxide fuel
- Significalty reduced maintenance requirements and staffing
- Sixty-year design lifetime
- Generation costs that are competitive with all options
- Enhanced Safety; margins that exceed Utilities Requirement Document levels
- A modern, digital control room
- Licensing certainty based on AP600 Design Certificiation
Graphics, photographs and more information about the AP1000 can be accessed at the Westinghouse News Room at http://www.westinghousenuclear.com/D.asp
To obtain a copy of the DVD, “A New Generation In Nuclear Power,” contact Mike Crane on 412-372-2461 or at email@example.com
Westinghouse Electric Company, wholly owned by BNFL plc of the United Kingdom is the world’s pioneering nuclear power company and is a leading supplier of nuclear plant products and technologies to utilities throughout the world. Today, Westinghouse technology is the basis for approximately one-half of the world’s operating nuclear plants.