I headed to Cleveland for work on Tuesday, so that shifted some days around, and the weather was a bit wonky again. But still got everything in, even if not exactly as I had planned it.
- Monday: 5 miles. Headed to the gym right after work then early to bed to wake up and drive to Cleveland the next morning.
- Tuesday: Rest day.
- Wednesday: 7 miles. At the gym, just totally checked out and hated this run. Worked through it though.
- Thursday: 7 miles with speedwork: Intervals. Redemption from the day before, and getting my speedwork in for the week, 6 x 400.
- Friday: Rest day.
- Saturday: 6 miles. Swapped with a day from next week to still give me a recovery run of 5 miles after my long run.
- Sunday: 18 miles. Did three loops, the first with three of us, the second with two, and the last by myself. It was a good run, and I was dressed well for the cold. The friends I ran with, plus putting in more miles and speedwork have really pushed me faster than I expected to be going, which is great, although might require a bit of recalibration in my mind.
- Core/strength: Plan is to get back to this next week, after Vegas. I need to be held to this!
I leave Thursday for Vegas and the 2019 r/running meetup! I still have to pack and of course I’m freaking out about it, but I’m so excited to see everyone! I should be able to get all my runs in this week and just will need my long run while I’m out there. It’s a down week, so that means only 14 miles, which I hope I can get in while I pace someone from the team!