This was a rough week. Woke up Monday and shoveled the rest of the heavy snow, and then went out for what was the third time for that snow event, later in the day, to scrape up any ice. All of that left me sore all week and scrambling. Only about half of the homes in my neighborhood shoveled their sidewalks, so I spent the week in the road, dodging piles of snow where cars had been parked (but thankfully, no incidents with moving cars).
With more snow predicted on Sunday (and the city pretty much failing at keeping roads cleared), as well as residual soreness from shoveling and just a couple really bad mental health days in a row, I skipped my long run. Ended up sleeping way more than normal, which was a nice bit of a reset so we’ll be back at it this week (although more snow is coming, so more scrambling!). It’s also a good reminder that this is supposed to be fun, and aiding my mental health, and not being so rigid with my training every now and then is okay.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 5 miles, modified tiny loops
- Wednesday: 8 miles, modified tiny loops.
- Thursday: 8 miles, modified tiny loops.
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: 6 miles. Modified tiny loops. Frigid. Even though I waited
- Sunday: Rest.
- BWF/Core work/Yoga/Meditation: Did the BWF routine once this week, so staying on track with that! Two more times shoveling snow also added in.
- Stretching: Stretched after each run!