A fulfilling week, and also the calm before the storm! This week is going to be absolute hell and it’s going to be a struggle to get everything in, but let’s keep our fingers crossed!
- Monday – 6 miles – Swapped Monday and Tuesday and ran after I got back from Cleveland.
- Tuesday – Rest day – did my cross training on the previous Saturday, so had the day to rest!
- Wednesday – 40 minute tempo run
- Thursday – 3 + 4 – Another double day, which I enjoy, and really like how it’s preparing me for the GAP relay!
- Friday – Rest day – Went down for The Great Race expo. Picked up my favorite flavor of GU that my running store doesn’t carry (chocolate mint) and met up with some friends.
- Saturday – 7 miles – I was scheduled to do 15. I woke up and just couldn’t stomach doing that long of a run, mentally it just wasn’t going to happen. I took care of some things that needed done and that helped clear my mind a bit, and I went out with the intention of doing 8. Got some weird pains (clothing issue, at least partially), so I called it at 7, which all in all, was the smart choice.
- Sunday – 10K, The Great Race – Went into this just to have a happy run with my racing partner. It was an absolutely beautiful day and we had such a great time on the course. We negative split the whole thing, and we both got PR’s, breaking one hour for the first time! I also got a 5K PR on the second half of the course, so that’s pretty awesome as well! Grabbed a couple pics with both the Frontrunners and PRorER and headed home.
Also got in some cross training with a bunch of walking and stair climbing during Quantum Theater’s world premier of “Chatterton.” Much like “TAMARA,” you move around the space (this time a cathedral) to different scenes, following characters as the story unfolds. The audience is split, so you don’t see the entire play, but you do get the opportunity over dinner at intermission to discuss what has happened with who you’re following.
- Cross training – I got out of the habit of doing any body weight work, and this week doesn’t look promising to start back up. I’ll try to fit some planks in if I can, those are a big help and that’s a good place to step back in.
This upcoming week is bonkers with a friend visiting from Europe, doctor’s appointments, working a career fair, and all kinds of other things. I have beer waiting for me as a reward!