This week was bonkers. I was running (literally and figuratively) all over the place, but somehow, I managed to get just about everything in.
- Monday – No miles, but had a team meeting for the GAP Trail Relay and put myself at ease. We have a great team (and a great late addition after one member had to drop due to some injury issues). Finally really looking forward to just getting out there and running!
- Tuesday – Rest day – Another hectic day, but a friend came to visit from Paris, so I was more than happy to not run and spend time with him before he flies back to another continent.
- Wednesday – 10 x 400 – My last speedwork of the plan. I am really proud of myself and how I’ve gotten faster, even if it’s just a little bit. While I try not to compare myself to others (especially since it seems everyone around me is getting faster quicker than I am), but looking back, I’m so incredibly proud of how much I’ve been able to improve.
- Thursday – 6 miles.
- Friday – 6 miles – Nothing too exciting, just getting in the miles.
- Saturday – 15 miles – Let’s talk about the weather (not like “Welcome to Nightvale” weather, although if you want, please turn on some music). I got out of the car at the trail and was like walking in soup. By the time I was done, it was 82 degrees and cloudless. This was October 6. Sigh. It was a rough run, and I walked when I needed to, my stomach was not happy with the weather and sun, and I should have put on sunscreen.
- Sunday – Cross training – I was originally going to run, but after Saturday, my left leg was not feeling great. It’s given me problems in the past, so I at least know it’s not completely out of commission, just need to be careful on it for a few days. Because the world is awful and everything is terrible, I did some self-care and took a hot bath (with a bath bomb) and the heat helped a lot, so I’ll be running again tonight.
- Cross training – I got out of the habit of doing any body weight work, and I can feel the difference. We’ll see if I can get some planks in this week, and I’ll be hitting the r/bodyweightfitness routine again after the race.
I started packing the totes for each van over the weekend, we’re finally to race week! I’m excited to just be out there running!