This week’s update is late, but it’s been a crazy week. Spent the early morning hours of Monday driving to Cleveland and now I’m filling in for the receptionist the rest of the week as well. Training is going well, but that, combined with the extra work, horrible allergies and just a lot on my calendar is leaving me ragged. Hopefully I’ll get some good sleep this weekend before my last big long run!
- Monday – 35 minutes cross training – Back to an oldie but a goodie, walking/stepping with my Wii Balance Board as I watch TV. Not the most entertaining, but it gets it done!
- Tuesday – 3 + 4 miles – This was my first doubles day! Woke up early to do 3 miles at the gym, then did 4 miles that evening with the Frontrunners. It’s good simulation of what I’ll be doing in the GAP, so even though it’s tough, it’s good practice.
- Wednesday – 9 x 400 – The next step up in my speed work. Had a blast, felt good, and I’m super excited that I was able to do these repeats at the speed I wanted to, which is faster than last year!
- Thursday – 6 miles.
- Friday – 7 miles (night) – Went down to Schenley park to run and did three loops: the one mile CMU loop, the four mile Frontrunner loop and two mile Cathedral of Learning loop. About halfway through the final loop the skies opened and I got caught in a downpour. I ducked under a tree for a bit, but that wasn’t helping, so I just sucked it up and finished. Had to take my glasses off since I couldn’t see a thing, which made for some harrowing running, especially through the ponding water.
- Saturday – 14 miles – I went downtown to run, on a neat route that took me through the Strip District, the North Shore, Point State Park and the Cultural District, as well as down the Riverfront Trail, where I passed two of my teammates who were out with SCRR! We grabbed a quick photo and we were off (in different directions).
After my run, I took advantage of being parked downtown and got in my cross training for the next day, walking the Strip District and stopping at Penzy’s Spices and grabbing some loose leaf tea.
- Sunday – Rest day
- Cross training – I did planks on Thursday, but that was it. I’ve been so busy I’ve fallen off doing my cross training, but I need to get back to it. Maybe a week off is a good mental break, but time to hit it once again.
This week has been just as crazy (hence why this is posted on Thursday), but hopefully things calm down after this weekend. Long run on Saturday and then The Great Race on Sunday!