Made it through, and even surprised myself with how well I felt after the 50K on Saturday (ended up just shy of 33 miles). Still need to readjust a bit, including expectations, especially in the heat, but at least it seems like I have my nutrition, salt and hydration dialed in (or much improved).
- Monday: 5 miles. Tiny loops.
- Tuesday: Rest.
- Wednesday: 4 miles. More tiny loops.
- Thursday: 9 miles, on the trail. Stopped for a frozen coke on the way home, my new favorite treat for less than $1!
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: 50K.
Started super early as the heat was climbing and so was the humidity, so actually started right before dawn. Nothing felt too bad, just some tired legs by the time I got to around mile 22. Thankfully, that is when Moly and Alex, teammates from PRorER joined me for my last out and back!
It was so great running with them, definitely a big, boost! We took it easy and read some of the historical signs and played in the creek a bit, as it was a brand new place to run for both of them. I also really appreciated Moly encouraging me through the heat and humidity (her favorite).
While I feel slower than I was last year, my training has been solid so far. It’s wild to me to realize I only have ten weeks left until Miakonda, but watching my teammate finish Western States this weekend was such an amazing experience (and our team that went to crew/pace), I’m very excited to have a goal race on the horizon!
- Sunday: Rest.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Bobo’s Bar, Gu.
- BWF/Core work: None specifically, I’m failing at this.
- Yoga: Also failing at this, ugh.
- Stretching: Was good until the 50K, then missed it for a day or two, so need to work on this too.