It’s hard to believe it’s already the end of July and that the race is coming up so quickly. I’m so very tired of running in the heat, humidity and sunlight, and I know a bit worn down right now. But seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is both awesome and terrifying at the same time!
I’m also at the point (well, probably past the point, if I’m being honest) in a training cycle where trying to do all the training and everything else in my life (household chores, cooking, shopping, two jobs again, as well as a backlog of catching up and seeing friends due to the pandemic) has really worn me down. Training for an ultra is tough no matter what, and training for an ultra, and still being a functioning human in society as a single person is even tougher.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 9 miles on the trail
- Wednesday: 10 miles. Back on the trail.
- Thursday: 5 miles, tiny loops
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: 8miles. Ran with my friend who stayed over for my Opening Ceremonies Bingo party the night before!
- Sunday: 15 miles. Ridiculously humid, sunny in quite a few places as well, but glad I got it done.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Bobo’s Bar.
- BWF/Core work: None specifically this week.
- Yoga: Between all the errands and running around, missed doing yoga this week.
- Stretching: Stretched after every run!