The heat stuck around this week, without GVRAT and the hope of O24, I wouldn’t be running at all.
I keep wavering back and forth as to whether or not O24 will take place. I’m hopeful, but also have no idea what the state of the world will be in and if I’ll be comfortable going to it. If it does take place, and I go, I’ll be talking with my boss about working from home for two weeks after, just out of an over-abundance of caution for others.
But who knows what I’ll be comfortable with and what will actually happen.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 8 miles. Tiny neighborhood loops with a friend!
- Wednesday: 7 miles.
- Thursday: Rest day. Ozone action day, so I decided to take it off and stay inside, better to be safe than sorry!
- Friday: 10 miles. Speedwork: tempo: 18min/4R/12min. My last tempo run of this cycle!
- Saturday: 3 miles. 5th annual Pittsburgh Frontrunners back of the pack Fourth of July run and brunch (observed), this year celebrating Bastille Day.
So years ago, the Frontrunners cancelled their Fourth of July run because it fell on a Saturday, and the group of us in the back decided to run together anyway, and we did a potluck brunch. We’ve continued this tradition, although this year we did a socially-distanced run and only met outside (spread out at three picnic tables) due to the pandemic. It was a bit bittersweet on top of the pandemic, as two of the group will be moving, but as always, a wonderful time.
- Sunday: 16 miles. Actually ran over 17, miscalculated my route a bit. Still a good run, although was much more humid than I expected, and got sunny by the end.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Gatorade, Gu, Bobo’s bar.
- BWF/Core work: Nothing this week, heat zapped me, I’ll try some more Zombies Run, The Home Front this week, and my yoga in the park class starts next week!
- Stretching: Slowly getting back into it (with thanks to Netflix)
- Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K progress (1021K): 500/634 miles. Still going, still motivated to run in the heat due to this, so it’s doing its job!
- Runnsylvania 283 progress: 175/283 miles.