The heat was horrible this week, and it’s just continuing, sadly. I skipped my speedwork this week, it’s too hot and I had so much trouble just getting the miles in.
Part of the reason I signed up for the GVRAT was to make sure I was doing my miles over the summer, usually I don’t do much running in the heat. However, I’ve found I have to be real careful about when I run and really pay attention to my hydration. I messed up a bit, but hopefully I’m doing better now.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 10 miles.
- Wednesday: 5 miles. Planned to do more, but the heat just zapped me.
- Thursday: 5 miles. Planned to do more, but again, the heat just destroyed me.
- Friday: 9 miles. Had the ‘crazy’ idea to carry some Gatorade with me as I ran, which was a huge game changer. Not sure why it took me this long to think of that, but because it’s shorter runs close to home, it just never crossed my mind, but with this heat, it’s essential.
- Saturday: 9 miles. Early morning miles to beat the heat, this became another Ozone Action Day.
- Sunday: 15 miles. Again, up super early to try to beat the heat. I’m amazed by how humid it is, and how dry all the creeks are, there are a couple that just aren’t there anymore. Ran into a friend and teammate while I was between ‘loops’ at my car, so we got a socially distanced photo together!
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Gatorade, Gu, Bobo’s bar.
- BWF/Core work: Nothing this week, heat zapped me, I’ll try some more Zombies Run, The Home Front this week, and my yoga in the park class starts this week!
- Stretching: Slowly getting back into it (with thanks to Netflix)
- Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K progress (1021K): 553/634 miles. Still going, still motivated to run in the heat due to this, so it’s doing its job!
- Runnsylvania 283 progress: 228/283 miles.