The humidity was high, but at least it felt like we had a break in the temperature, so that helped. I also finished up three different virtual challenges this week!
Was nice having a down/recovery week after the 50K the week before, still have another 50K (or potential 50miler) on the horizon for the end of the month as the fundraiser for Pink Lightning.
O24 is still working with Cleveland Metroparks, we’ll see what happens. Right now, all events in Metroparks are cancelled through September, and the race is the first weekend of October. I’m not confident I’d feel safe and not sure what all the race would be able to provide, but waiting for official word either way is harrowing, I’d just like to make a decision!
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 5 miles. First of my four virtual legs of the GAP: Leg 1, Southside to Homestead
- Wednesday: 9 miles. Finished Runnsylvania 283 and GAP: Leg 14, Ohiopyle to Ramcat
- Thursday: 7 miles. GAP: Leg 22, Frostburg to Woodcock Hollow
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: 9 miles.
- Sunday: 15 miles. Finished GVRAT 1000K and GAP: Leg 12, Connellsville to Brunner’s Run
I headed down to the GAP to do my last run on it (we had teammates across the country doing this, so it was neat to do one run on the actual trail). It’s been a while since I’ve run on it and there’s a lot m ore benches and picnic tables now, as well as a lot of erosion control put in place. But otherwise, it’s the same: a decent trail where the cyclists are really rude to runners (at least, just in the city part, along other parts, it’s always been fine), but a good, and soupy run.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Gatorade, Gu, Bobo’s bar.
- BWF/Core work: Week 2 of yoga in the park!
- Stretching: Slowly getting back into it (with thanks to Netflix, although I need a new show to watch while I stretch, preferable a half hour comedy)
- Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K progress (1021K): 647/634 miles – DONE!
- Runnsylvania 283 progress: 291/283 miles – DONE!
- GAP Virtual Trail Relay progress: 4/4 segments – DONE!