First off, mid-week 10-milers are bullshit. I know I said this before during Eagle Up training, but it still holds true. This week was also super hot, so I ended up splitting some of these runs up. I know it messes the benefits of the plan up a bit, but when it’s 94 and humid, we do what we have to.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 5 miles. So hot.
- Wednesday: 6 miles. So hot.
- Thursday: 9 miles. Speed work: Tempo: 18min/4R/12min. Finally cooled off and I did one of Zombie’s Run!’s new adventures!
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: 10 miles. I went up to camp to help with the Pre-Camp Inspection (no full summer program, but still required to do a safety inspection) and afterwards did two circuits of the lake. I picked up different parts of various trails, so it was a really good time!
This was also the Mostly Harmless Running Podcast’s Festapalooza! I ran, but didn’t compete, as I didn’t want to keep taking my phone out to take pictures of the items on the scavenger hunt, but I still had blast being on the lookout for things and planning a route to hit a couple things on the list!
- Sunday: 21 miles. My normal parking area is open again after the power lines have been fixed, so headed there and did two out and backs. I added the trail in Duff Park for a nice change, as well as a good way to get out of the sun for a stretch.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Skratch, Bobo’s bar, Gu.
- BWF/Core work: No workouts this week.
- Stretching: Not nearly as much as I wanted to, I need to get back into this more seriously.
- Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K progress (1021K): 302/634 miles. This has really been helping me get out there and running, even on days I don’t want to, which is why I signed up for this in the first place. I’m also secretly racing the other Crane, and I’ve closed the gap to 15.5 miles now!
- Runnsylvania 283 progress: 0/283 miles. Starts June 20.