The last of three big weekends, so it’s nice to get past this and get these miles on the books. I dealt okay with the heat, which honestly, is a big improvement for me! I still don’t feel entirely comfortable going to a gym (and in my case, finding a new gym), so I’m forced to run outside, which in the long run is a good thing, but I hate the heat, humidity dust and sun.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 10 miles. Neighborhood loops
- Wednesday: 6 miles. Moved my speedwork to this day: Tempo: 18min/4R/12min.
- Thursday: 7 miles. Yet more loops.
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: 10 miles.
- Sunday: 22 miles. Got up super early to get this in before it got unbearably hot. Still had a lot of dust and sun to deal with, but very proud of myself for knocking this out.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Skratch, Bobo’s bar, Gu.
- BWF/Core work: No workouts this week.
- Stretching: Slowly getting back into it (with thanks to Netflix)
- Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K progress (1021K): 357/634 miles. Over halfway! I also passed the other Crane! I’m heading into a down week, so he might leapfrog me, but I’m super excited to have made up this distance in my fake rivalry!
I also used this run for two virtual 5Ks, Stride for Pride (so my Strava route turned rainbow colors) and the Saint Vincent College Student Emergency Fund 5K.
- Runnsylvania 283 progress: 32/283 miles. Started June 20, so only weekend miles counted this week.