My first stepdown week, and was a nice little break that fit in well with the weather, thankfully.
- Monday: Rest day.
- Tuesday: 5 miles. Mini loops around my neighborhood. Didn’t trip over any, but trash can lids are hard to see at night!
- Wednesday: 3 miles at the gym. Finally starting to clear out of the resolutioners, which is quicker than I predicted!
- Thursday: 5 miles. Tiny loops again, in some fresh snow, which once again let me know which neighbors never shovel their sidewalks. There was some utility work going on, so I got to watch the progress of the electric and gas company (and see a utility worker pee on his truck).
- Friday: Rest day. Was supposed to a night for drinks with a friend, but he cancelled, so I headed to bed early so I could join some friends in the morning.
- Saturday: 14 miles. A friend from PRorER was running 31 miles for her 31st birthday, so I met her and her partner at the Color Park and we did 5.5 mile loops! He and I stopped after two and a short out and back, and she continued, everyone finishing before the rain and the falling temperatures! A great loop that I’ll be returning to!
- Sunday: 5 miles. First though, cross training via snow/ice shoveling. Bitter cold, and headed to the gym, which was really empty, but that was nice. Hoping some of the ice and the chill dissipates before this next week of running.
- Core/strength: More runner’s yoga each day this week, and I made plans to meet some of the Frontrunners for yoga and dinner on Friday after work, so I’m looking forward to that! I’m also hoping to start back in with the r/bodyweightfitness routine, hopefully twice a week to start. I know I need to focus on my core especially, and the other muscle work will be good for me too.
It was a good week, and the somewhat lower mileage was a nice mental break. I know this next block of four weeks is going to probably be my craziest when I take into account the weather and my trip to Vegas, so as long as I survive, I’m confident for the rest of my plan!