Race week! Again! This time, an impromptu race that fit in well for my training plan!
- Monday: Rest day – flying back from Vegas
- Tuesday: 10 miles. Ugh, mid-week medium runs are the worst. Got it done, just not happy about it.
- Wednesday: 5 miles.
- Thursday: 7 miles with speedwork: Hill repeats in Schenley Park, three times up to the overlook at the disc golf course.
- Friday: Rest day.
- Saturday: 20 miles. The Spring Thaw fit perfectly, so I attempted to approach it as a long, slow, supported run. Ran faster than I should have, I need to make sure I work on that. Definitely feeling it now, but still really happy with the race. If this is any indication, speedwork and increased mileage are working and I’ll be able to take a big chunk off my marathon time!
- Sunday: 5 miles.
- Core/strength: I’m the worst and didn’t start his up again, trying again!
Race reports owed: Jackpot. Spring Thaw