And we’re off (much like a herd of turtles as my high school biology teacher would say). Week 1 is in the books!
- Monday: 7 miles. Was scheduled as a rest day, but due to the holiday, I moved things around.
- Tuesday: 4 miles. Hit up the Westmoreland Heritage Trail with a friend, found a janky looking rope swing and ended at the ice cream parlor where the trail currently ends.
- Wednesday: Rest day (Christmas)
- Thursday: 8 miles. Thought I’d get down to Schenley early enough to beat the rush, but the crowd from Phipps is bonkers (and worse each year). A good run doing two Frontrunner loops, but I hated the crowds. I also restarted listening to Critical Role on my runs, and that’s been a lot of fun so far!
- Friday: Rest day.
- Saturday: 12 miles. Out on the Westmoreland Heritage Trail again, more Critical Role.
- Sunday: 5 miles.
- BWF/Core work: Did the BodyWeightFitness Recommended Routine twice this week, which is the goal. In the spirit of keeping hard days hard, and fully recovering on rest days, I did this on Thursday and Saturday. I’ll be adjusting as I add in speedwork, but felt good to get back into this!
- Stretching: I did decent at stretching after each run, did the full routine every time except for one. So room for improvement, but I’m still happy with it!
All in all, I’m really happy with this week, a great start to my training!