Was nice to have somewhat of a down week. The humidity was ratcheted up, and this upcoming week is looking to be steamy again. I hate summer running. With COVID number spiking again, it’s in the back of my mind that my race may be cancelled, or I may not feel comfortable attending it. It’s sad to think about, and the loss of normalcy and events is really starting to get to me.
A friend recently posted some similar thoughts, or at least something close enough to it that it resonated a lot with me. This is only a moment in time, but it’s still a very stressful and scary time, and that’s not abating, even as we reckon with even larger societal problems.
- Monday: Rest.
- Tuesday: 8 miles. Neighborhood loops and a new stray cat that likes to hang out near my house!
- Wednesday: 7 miles. Moved my speedwork to this day to account for weather: Tempo: 18min/4R/12min.
- Thursday: 5 miles.
- Friday: 9 miles.
- Saturday: 15 miles. Got up early to run before my Dentist appointment. Was the most humid I’ve run in in a long time, and that’s saying something. Absolute soup. Also, a tree down and across the trail, so had to adjust a bit on the fly.
- Sunday: Rest. Spent the morning volunteering with Gay4Good cleaning up Allegheny Commons Park.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Bobo’s bar.
- BWF/Core work: Did one of the Zombies, Run’s The Home Front bodyweight workouts and really enjoyed it. It’s also something different than my normal workout, so it was nice to change it up.
- Stretching: Slowly getting back into it (with thanks to Netflix)
- Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee 1000K progress (1021K): 401/634 miles. Still going, still motivated to run in the heat due to this, so it’s doing its job!
- Runnsylvania 283 progress: 76/283 miles.