Second to last week of this training block, let’s do this!
- Monday: 10 miles.
- Tuesday: 5 miles. Tiny loops after yoga.
- Wednesday: Rest.
- Thursday: 7 miles. New (to me) shoes! Got some green Ghosts!
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: Woke up and was supposed to run 10, but my stomach was all kinds of not cooperating so I made the good decision to put off those miles to the next day.
- Sunday: 25 miles. Catching up on miles from yesterday, and sadly, Strava lost my data! Not a huge deal, but I had wanted to see my pace, as I felt faster in the new shoes and wanted to really see that difference.
- Long run fuel: Tailwind, Gatorade, Gu, Bobo’s bar.
- BWF/Core work: More yoga! And I signed up for the next block of yoga in September and October!
- Stretching: More stretching, this time, with the aid of Galavant!
- Virtual Races coming up: Pink Lightning 50K, Mario Lemieux 6.6K, New Holland Lightpoint 5K, The Great Race 10K and 5K
Next week will be the end of this training bloc, and my Pink Lightning virtual. It will mostly be a day of decision how much I run based on the weather and how I’m feeling. I think I have a sub 6-hour 50K in me, but I don’t think I have a sub 6-hour virtual 50K in me (although I certainly have the radical self-reliance and Leave No Trace principles covered!). So it will be between just a casual 50K or a 50M. We’ll see what happens, especially in the spirit of immediacy!